Moving Company Colorado Springs
In the interest of saving you money, this list of moving tips has proven extremely helpful in reducing the amount of time and frustration spent on your moving day.
1) Whenever possible, move your own pictures, plants and lamps
2) Unhook appliances, wind up electrical cords and secure hoses.
3) Unhook head and foot boards on beds and put the hardware in a place where you can find it.
4) Take lampshades off lamps if you want us to move for you.
5) Take mirrors off backs of chests and dressers
6) Drain excess water from large plants or planters
7) Remove shelves from bookcases, put them along side the piece and put the shelf pins in an envelope.
8) Pack boxes properly- Make sure they have tops and are sealed. Remember - We are not responsible for the contents of cartons that we don't pack.
9) Label boxes correctly according to where they are going and how fragile they are.
10) You and your friends are welcome to bring items out to the truck and to take them from the ground once we get those items off the truck. We are not allowed to have you on the truck.
11) Have someone who knows where the items are going to stand by and direct the movers at all times.
12) If you have access to a pick-up truck or station wagon, you can transport garden tools, lawn mowers, bikes, skis, etc. In the back without hurting them- where as we must pack them in next to furniture. That takes a bit more time.
13) Clean out desks and night stands. These items almost always get turned on there sides in transport. Consider dressers - If they are very heavy, or very delicate, or if they come up or down stairs with turns in them, clean out at least some of the drawers. An extra 10-15 boxes will not add a substantial amount of time to the move.
14) A child's chest, or one that is not heavy, will not have to be emptied.
15) Secure all small and lose able items such as jewelry, coins, papers, etc. Put your keys, remote controls and checkbook where you can find them. Try to account for the loose items before the movers arrive.